Bringing people together through song and dance
Music is such a big part of community life, bringing together artists, performers, song men and song women to share stories and culture with the audience through song and dance. Traditional meets contemporary music across two stages over three nights at the festival. Nationally acclaimed musicians perform alongside emerging artists from communities perform together at Barunga Festival. The festival treats its audiences to workshops, acoustic performances, surprise acts and back-to-back community bands on center stage.
- Friday Night Disco run by the kids from Barunga School (thanks to Dr G's Foundation)
- Get lost in the crowd - enjoy 2 nights of live music from emerging community bands and invited guests on the Main Stage
- Curl up under a blanket by the creek and watch acoustic performances from nationally acclaimed musicians and invited guests
- Fun for the whole family: morning performances for children on the Main Stage with your favourite children's performer
- Sit down with established musicians for intimate workshops and networking