2020 Line up announced soon!
2019’s Line Up Below
ARCHER • AVIVA ENDEAN • COMMUNITY BANDS • HAND TO EARTH • JARRETT FAMILY • JUSTINE CLARKE AND BARUNGA KIDS • MAMBALI • MICK COATES • NABARLEK • SONNY KIM WITH SIMON BARKER AND CHRIS HALE • SUNG MEI JUNG • TASMAN KEITH • WAGILAK & THE AUSTRALIAN ART ORCHESTRA • YOUNG SALTWATER
hailing back to the Barunga of old
This year traditional dance takes pride of place
Traditional dancers are flying and driving in from all corners of the Territory and WA, including Groote Eylandt, Ngukurr, Mowanjum (WA), the Barunga Kids, Beswick dancers and more!
Bringing people together through song and dance
Music is such a big part of community life, bringing together artists, performers, song men and song women to share stories and culture with the audience through song and dance. Traditional meets contemporary music across two stages over three nights at the festival. Nationally acclaimed musicians perform alongside emerging artists from communities perform together at Barunga Festival. The festival treats its audiences to workshops, acoustic performances, surprise acts and back-to-back community bands on center stage.
- Friday Night Disco run by the kids from Barunga School (thanks to Dr G's Foundation)
- Get lost in the crowd - enjoy 2 nights of live music from emerging community bands and invited guests on the Main Stage
- Curl up under a blanket by the creek and watch acoustic performances from nationally acclaimed musicians and invited guests
- Fun for the whole family: morning performances for children on the Main Stage with special guest Justine Clarke
- Sit down with established musicians for intimate workshops and networking